Monday, May 01, 2006

What are we doing about it?


i hate the pressure this society puts on me. to be thin to be attractive. to force myself to conform to the image of beauty it throws at me at every turn.
and yet, i hate it, i still want to be a part of it.

why do i so long to be loved, to be wanted?

it is my fear that i wont be loved, that no one will think im good enough to love...

and i know that god loves me, which is great, but...

sometimes i just doesnt feel enough.

i need to change. i need to get out of this.

the picture is called 'what are we doing about it?'

the quote/ prayer thingy on the blue paper is By Leunig, the other writing is just my ramblings, the bars are from a dance dj's advertising card, and the other clippsings are from a 'Big Issue' i have.

April 29th, 2006...

2 Comments:

At 11:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Sam... I love the "or am I just words on a screen, unable to make me real" ... I dunno if its got anything to do with the internet but it seems relivent to me.

"I think... therefore I am"
- Bill Gates.

 
At 4:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness sam... these are all so amazing! i feel like i just opened a window into your world (or something like that). thanks for sharing your artworks, they are seriously brilliant and really thought provoking, as well as looking cool, and... yeah! i just love them. i want to see them in real life! wow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home