Monday, May 08, 2006

I am the vine, You are the branches.


drew in church yesterday morning.

its symbolic, and sorta surreal. its just a sketch, but full of meaning.
there is a throne in my heart, but who is on it?
me, Him.
will i bear good fruit, if he is not on it? will i bear fruit at all?
there is a vine consuming me. reaching into me. shall i let it?



the lyrics in the top corner are from an Evanescene song (Lies, origin version)







john 15:1-10 says
"The Vine and the Branches 1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love

2 Comments:

At 4:44 pm, Blogger DM said...

I really like the sketch.. it brings those versus to life.

 
At 10:48 am, Blogger Laura said...

Q: Do you mind if I use this art work for my background on my computer? Love Lor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home